RCI is an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems. Oak Ridge National Laboratory conducts basic and applied research & development to create scientific knowledge and technological solutions that strengthen the nation’s leadership in key areas of science; increase the availability of clean, abundant energy; restore and protect the environment; and contribute to national security.
Per RCI & ORNL, cool roofs:
- Reduce annual energy consumption by 15-45%
- Extend the useful life of the roof
- Improve the performance of any underlying insulation
- Reduce the capacity requirements for HVAC systems
- Dramatically improve indoor comfort in non-air conditioned areas